Friday 21 October 2011

Outward Bound

Last week most of year 5 went to the Outward Bound centre in Ullswater in the Lake District. This is what we got up to:

At Ullswater my favourite part was the tunniling. I was in Ms Turner’s group. My instructor was Pete and he was a very good instructor. He was very nice at some points. JP




At Ullswater , we went hill walking , gorge walking (which is climbing a waterfall) and tunnelling. LF

At Ullswater we went to do jog and dip. I got very wet but it was funny. AB

At Ullswater I really enjoyed doing the gorge walking because I got soaking wet and I love climbing. I also liked building the raft and canoeing across the lake. I found the hill walk very tiring and I found the night walk very challenging. L.E.

I really enjoyed Ullswater because it is an enjoyable place to be. You have lots of fun and do lots of activities. My favourite part about Ullswater was everything!!!! I found mountain climbing and gorge walking challenging and I thought I’d never be able to climb them but i did. I didn’t give up on any of the activities. AP

I loved Ullswater because it was the most fun I have ever had. My favourite bit was tunnelling because when I and Rw Oc Jp came out the tunnels and left the girls in there so all of us had to go back in to find them. I was in Scott group!!!! LJB

My Group by JP

At Ullswater I enjoyed Gorge walking because you got really wet! I also enjoyed canoeing because you got to discover rocks that were about 2 or 3 years old. My worst bit about Ullswater was climbing up the mountain because the bags were really heavy! By R.P.
The best part at Ullswater was the hill day because we made a den. The second best bit was the food it was delicious. And the worst part was doing the chores. LJ


When we went to Ullswater we did lots of activities and my favourite one was Hill day because it was fun but also tiring. We took big back packs to take our water in and to take other stuff. My second favourite was canoeing because it was my first time out deep and it was really scary because J kept shaking the canoe and I wouldn`t stop screaming but it was worth it. Ullswater is really good I slept in a dorm with AD, CD and JT and also me. PH

On the 10th of October to the 14th our year went to a trip called the outward bound centre we did a lot of activities like gorge walking, rock climbing, building a raft, hill walking and much more. My favourite was gorge walking and hill walking but my favourite was gorging. Gorge walking is climbing up a waterfall but it is really challenging because of the current and slippery rocks. SL

The thing I think that was challenging in Ullswater was the hill day because I thought I wasn’t going to make it to the top but after a few hours I did it. After we had to go down a steep side. RW



Some of us stayed at school but we still had a great time:

I really enjoyed jogging around the field for the health and fitness test. I jogged around the field 13 times with K.F. It was really challenging to make a football out of plastic bags. AB

1 comment: